PlaneSense, Inc., an aviation management company located in Portsmouth, NH is seeking a full time Technical Support Administrator for their Information Technology Department.
The Technical Support Administrator is responsible for providing first level of support to end-users with all IT related issues. The Technical Support Administrator will make every effort to respond, fix/repair/troubleshoot end-user requests in a timely and efficient manner. The Technical Support Administrator will also manage the help desk ticketing system and phone, including following up with requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide prompt response and solutions to requests submitted to the help desk system, and/or phone.
- Consistently monitor, respond, and address ongoing tickets logged to the help desk system.
- Assist the systems engineer whenever possible to both assist and participate in knowledge transfer when appropriate.
- Maintain workstations, thin clients, helpdesk ticketing system, printers/copiers, mobile devices [company owned], corporate email distribution list [Global Address List], corporate network directory [Active Directory/LDAP].
- Maintain Documentation, and documentation system(s) [network share, Wiki, etc.].
- Research, and recommend new technologies and systems.
- Provide end-user training/assistance on various software systems when appropriate [MS Office, email, network shares, etc.].
- Participate in rotating, on-call/off-hours support.
- Shown proficiencies using Microsoft Windows [7, 8.1], MS Office [2010, 2013], and Microsoft Windows Server [2008, 2012].
- Experience using Microsoft Active Directory Tools.
- Experience with LDAP, Cisco, SQL Server, VoIP, Apple iOS, Apple OSX, Android, and web technologies.
- Experience with Cisco BE6000 UC helpful, but not required.
- Experience with virtualization systems including, but not limited to VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V, Linux KVM.
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery tools and systems such as VEEAM, Backup Exec, or similar.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Technical Field, or 5 – 10 years of equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Certifications in Microsoft Technologies, Cisco, or similar helpful but not required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows, Office, and web-based systems [i.e. Help Desk Systems, etc.].
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Experience troubleshooting basic communication systems, and network systems.
- Experience with network and/or systems monitoring tools such as WhatsUpGold, SolarWInds, or similar.
PlaneSense, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.__
Job Type: Full-time