The Driver/Bell Person ensures that they deliver the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times
#### Job description
Serves hotel guests by performing the following duties.
#### What you will be doing
(include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms, assists with hand luggage, and offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest, and entertainment attractions.
- Inspects guest's room to ensure furnishings are in order and supplies are adequate.
- Explains features of room such as operation of radio, television, and night-lock, and how to place telephone calls.
- Pages guests in lobby, dining room, or other parts of hotel.
- Delivers messages and runs errands.
- Delivers room service orders.
- Picks up articles for laundry and valet service.
- Calls taxi for guests.
- Transports guests about premises or local areas in car or motorized cart.
- Keeps record of calls for service.
- Delivers packages, suitcases, and trunks, and sets up sample rooms.
- Cleans lobby (ashtrays, dry mop, trash, etc.)
- Clean and vacuum inside of the vans a minimum of once a day.
- Assist in the picking up of room service trays from the halls around the property.
- Assist with group tour luggage requirements
- Uniform and Name Tag must be worn at all times.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight
measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;
walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee
frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Less than high school education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One month related experience or training.