ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ownership - As an employee of Son Care Foundation we want every person to make this job the most important job they have ever had. It is the job you have now, and the lives of animals are in your hands. Maintaining the health and safety of the animals and staff at GTPT 24/7, 365 days a year is the top priority.
- Private Training $45.00 / Hour
- 1 hour training sessions held at our facility with the owner present. Teach the owner how to positively work with their dog to help with any issues they may be experiencing.
- Group Class Instructor $30.00 / Hour
- Teach basic obedience group classes ranging from puppy preschool to advanced Canine Good Citizen. Also teach group agility courses from beginners to advanced. Direct class assistant(s) to help where needed. Classes are an hour long with 15 minutes for set up and 15 minutes for clean up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- You must have a passion for working with both people and dogs.
- At least 1 year of experience in a face-to-face customer service position.
- At least 2 years of experience training clients with positive dog training methods.
- At least 1 year of experience teaching agility or 2 years competing in agility.
- Experience handling dogs of all sizes, breeds, and temperaments.
- Must be able to navigate Mac Operating Systems
Inter-agency communication, dog handling, promoting process improvement, reporting, client communication. Must be friendly and professional. Strong organization, task prioritization and time management skills. Self motivated and able to work without supervision. Dog training certifications from professional organizations highly preferred (CPDT-KA).
- Position will be hourly. This position is estimated to need at minimum 5 hours per week to start for agility. You could get additional hours from teaching other types of classes. Hours will increase over time as your training develops.
- Friday and Saturday availability is required.
- Potential to work at Thousand Hills Pet Resort in the boarding and daycare facility for additional hours if training hours are under 40 per week.
- Maximum total hours per week will be 40 hours.
- Flexible schedule - must be willing to work around clients’ schedules.
- Reports to the Gentle Touch Pet Training Operations Manager.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: https://www.soncarefoundation.org/employment
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Do you have any dog training certifications? (CPDT-KA)
- Professional dog training: 2 years (Preferred)
- dog agility: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person