SHOWFIELDS plays host to the world's most innovative brands and experiences; a social living room for creative and revolutionary retail. SHOWFIELDS aims to be the leading platform for offline discovery.
As a member of the team, you will play a central role in solving brick & mortar’s most significant problem - customer experience. At SHOWFIELDS, we believe that as the world becomes more digital, the value of a real, physical, multisensory, in-store experience increases when done correctly.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
SHOWFIELDS is actively seeking an adaptable, self-driven Creative Director is to manage and direct a multi-disciplinary team to conceptualize and develop all In-store experiences and marketing assets. In this role, you will work with The CEO, and cross-functional departments to develop and execute directives that shape the future of retail.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to develop all designs and assets for all Showfields brand spaces, art installations, events, and promotional collateral.
- Manage a team of creative, production and strategic thinkers to design and execute all creative deliverables.
- Develop guidelines and training modules to elevate in-store brand experiences.
- Plan for scale by developing the visual directives for regional rollout.
- Identify, maintain and manage strong vendor and consultant relationships in the delivery of ideation and production services.
- Stay ahead in this space by maintaining awareness of competition and consumer insights and analytics.
- Manage visual communication and branding execution as needed.
- Build a roll-a-dex of creative resources for displays, installations, and fabrication.
- Budget seasonally for in-store installations in partnership with operations and store teams.
- Partner with the store team on weekly punch lists and updates.
- Direct design development and creation of marketing assets to meet high standards of quality and practicality.
- Sell concepts to senior leadership and articulate how the design solution meets business objectives.
10+ years of experience working within the creative experience design or retail design fields.
- Strong design background with a clear and proven understanding of spatial design, illustration materials, and fabrication techniques.
- Experience directing theatrical, art performances.
- Exceptional project management, planning, and organizational skills and experience overseeing a creative and production staff in the planning and execution of various retail-based projects.
- Must be solutions-oriented and work well under time pressure
- Creative thinker with strong analytical and leadership skills and an ability to build good relationships and provide exceptional “customer service” to the team at large.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present in client meetings.
- Design background, with proficiency in Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and handle design and installation projects when necessary.
- Visual merchandising, VM, store design, showroom, photo moment, brand activation, customer journey, retail experience, immersive, experiential, architecture and interior design, production design, storytelling, branding, marketing, theatrical.
- Competitive salary
- Stock option plan
- Medical, dental insurance benefits
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision