Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly professional and experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
We have an exciting opportunity in our Consulting group for a Technical Writer. You will work on proposals, marketing material, and reports for technical and financial consulting services on domestic and international projects, ranging from renewable energy, conventional generation, smart grid, and other technologies.
As a Techinical Writer, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with project managers/teams to develop report outlines and report templates.
- Assist project managers/teams with the development and compilation of proposals.
- Assist project directors and project managers with the development of marketing material.
- Help report preparers explain scientific and technical ideas in clear language.
- Develop drawings, diagrams, tables, and charts to help report preparers convey concepts and ideas.
- Review and edit reports and provide feedback /comments to report preparers.
- Maintain documentation and database of reports, documents, and proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- At least 2 years of experience in technical document creation and writing.
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical editing and document management skills, editorial and quality assurance experience.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft applications for document layout, graphics, and production.