Summary of Position:
Support NAA’s research initiatives through survey and data analysis projects in topics of importance to the apartment industry. Produce accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff and membership.
- Develop survey instruments that deliver actionable content to members. Write survey questions that are logically consistent to generate pertinent information in an efficient manner. Analyze survey data to prepare charts and other data output tools explaining these results.
- Support data collection activities including surveys, interviews, and data extraction. Work with various databases, managing and analyzing large quantities of data.
- Analyze raw data, surveys, research reports and other relevant information from federal, state or local governments, independent research institutions or other sources.
- Collect and analyze national apartment market statistics and trends as well as identifying and reporting on emerging trends for the market.
- Write research articles and reports.
- Supervise and mentor research assistant.
- Assist with research initiatives of NAA departments.
- Conduct literature and internet searches.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics/statistics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- 4-5 years of full-time work experience conducting research, survey design/analysis and professional writing, preferably in the real estate industry.
- Strong command of primary, secondary, and quantitative methodologies and procedures.
- Excellent quantitative and data management skills, including statistical modeling and analysis, and experience creating graphical representations of data.
- Familiarity using multiple databases and evaluating data.
- Willingness and ability to pick up new quantitative skills and market research methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts.
- Strong analytic, writing and research skills, ability to work with empirical data and statistics.
- Experience researching, writing and presenting for an academic, business or professional audience.
- Detail oriented and demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office applications; familiarity with statistical software (SAS, Stata, R, E-views) preferred.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send resumes, cover letter and salary history to Resumes@ naahq.org. No phone calls, please. EOE M/F/H/V
Job Type: Full-time
- SAS Software: 2 years (Required)
- Survey Design: 4 years (Required)
- Statistical Analysis: 2 years (Required)
- Reasearch: 3 years (Required)
- CRM Software: 2 years (Preferred)