We are a small, family-run nursery with a unique tea farm looking for an intern to join our committed and caring team. We grow and process our own tea while supporting gardeners through teaching, consulting, and sales of Camellia sinensis tea plants. This is an exciting time: we are preparing for our book launch, expanding our tea garden and services. Our ideal candidate will be reliable, flexible, self-motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Knowledge about tea is not required, but a passion for learning is key, as is being able to work outside in all seasons.
The position requires a 12-month commitment and at least some experience with gardening or farming. Tasks will vary seasonally but include:
· Helping with building new beds, planting, harvesting, and processing tea
· Garden upkeep, including pruning, weeding, irrigation, supervising volunteers/helpers
· Community interaction and outreach assisting with tours and workshops
The work is hard but fun, and there are plenty of opportunities for a self-starter to develop new projects or write grants for additional income, depending on your interests.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Professional Development Assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The outdoor environment is relatively low risk. However, due to COVID-19, we currently limit the number of people who can attend our events, and expect people to wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Chapel Hill, NC 27516 (Required)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- What are your personal goals as they relate to this job?
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: