Responsible for direct supervision of all day to day accounting and financial activities. Primary responsibilities includes supervision of daily and period end processes preparing, Period, Quarter and Annual reporting while supervising Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll Processing, Treasury functions, GL Activities and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Controller will be part of the management team that creates and implements policies and procedures for The Sun Valley Group. The Controller will be responsible to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate providing all Stakeholders with actionable Financial and Accounting information.
- Lead, direct, and supervise the Accounting Team while following the TSVG Guiding Principles
- Preparation and review of period end financial statements and supporting schedules with narratives
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts and projections to effectively manage cash balances
- Perform analytical reviews of the monthly operating results to ensure the reasonability and accuracy of reports
- Direct the transactional processing of Payrolls, AP’s, AR’s and other financial processes
- Book required journal entries to post period activity such as Payroll, Healthcare, Work Comp and Inventory
- Supervise the maintenance of various schedules; Bank Rec’s Fixed Assets, Deposits, Accruals, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Preparation of work papers supporting the audit and tax returns
- Coordinate the preparation of audits and tax returns with outside CPA firm
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in maintaining all Corporate records and accounts
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Accounts Payable Manager
Payroll Team Leader
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required
- 10 - 12 years Management experience the accounting or finance, Ag experience preferred
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
- Superior GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Strong work ethic, accountable for specific performance
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to all levels of Stakeholders
- Confidentiality, Credibility, Ethical
Education and Experience: A technical level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a degreed level program in business administration, finance or related area, Ag background preferably in fresh cut flower business with 7 to 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in top-level management capacities within a small to mid-size agriculture company.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift