Sourcing Specialist – Indirect Spend – USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in supply chain sourcing and procurement – someone who gets excited about the possibilities of turning data into insights on a daily basis in a highly collaborative environment? Do you like that think-tank feel and ability to share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of source to contract, category management as it pertains to sourcing and procurement processes
- Demonstrate category knowledge in one or more indirect/direct categories (e.g. IT, Telecom, HR, Marketing, Facilities, MRO, Professional Services, Travel, etc.)
- Execute medium to large sized sourcing projects
- Work with client stakeholder to understand and documents their requirements
- Perform TCO (total cost of ownership) analysis and market research to develop robust sourcing strategies and recommendations
- Strong ability to synthesize data into actionable insights, deliverables and robust sourcing strategies
- Develop project plans and drive the execution of the sourcing strategy
- Work with team and client stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities
- Present project results including identified savings and recommendations to client executives
- Address escalated issues to ensure client satisfaction.
- Manage medium complexity negotiations and support contracting process
- Support development category eminence, strategies and products/services to demonstrate Deloitte’s expertise and market presence
Our Supply Chain Networks team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years’ experience in sourcing, supplier management, category management or industry environment with a demonstrated track record of results
- Experience with one or more indirect/direct categories (e.g. IT, Telecom, HR, Marketing, Facilities, MRO, Professional Services, Travel, etc.)
- Experience running strategic sourcing projects
- Develop score cards and analyze sourcing results to guide client decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient working with MS Office suite (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of product sourcing, materials purchasing and ability to work with clients on vendor management best practices
- Previous work experience with sourcing event management using E-sourcing applications such as: Ariba, Coupa, Emptoris, Etc.
- Must be willing to live and work in the Gilbert, AZ area
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
- Post Graduate degree preferred
- Ability to deliver task assignments on or before deadlines
- Experience with visualization tools such as: Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Perceptive, R, SAS, MS Visio
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to foster relationship with client stakeholders
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant prior consulting and/or industry experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.