AIS is currently seeking a Accounting Specialist to support our Corporate Headquarters in Reston, VA! This position is ideal for a recent Accounting graduate interested in starting their career.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services”, “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
The Accounting Specialist will:
Profile of Success:
- Take ownership of and responsibility for all assigned accounting duties and projects.
- Possess attention to detail, a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently.
- Clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with Accounting team members and other AIS employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to excel with multi-tasking.
- Participate in and coordinate new projects as they arise.
- Review and process 125+ expense reports per month, taking ownership of and managing the entire process from beginning to end: ensuring appropriate documentation, accurate calculations and coding, proper approvals and compliance with DCAA FAR Cost Principles Guide Section 31.2, contracts as well as established policies and procedures.
- Email monthly credit card statements for employees with corporate credit cards and reconcile expense report credit card amounts to credit card statements.
- Ensure timely resolution of expense report discrepancies in a professional and proactive manner.
- Maintain working knowledge of and comply with DCAA FAR Cost Principles Guide Section 31.2 and established policies and procedures as they pertain to expense report processing.
- Maintain financial information, files and records (copies of expense reports, documentation, reimbursements, reports, vendor files, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with external audits.
- Perform additional accounting duties or functions as required.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or 0-2 years of related experience. BS/BA Accounting Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and terminology.
- Working knowledge of DCAA FAR Cost Principles Guide Section 31.2.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV Accounting software or other Government Contractor Accounting software.
- Strong computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with data entry
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.