Alumni Communications & Stewardship Coordinator will organize, prioritize, monitor, and manage multiple projects related to alumni communications, marketing, social media, data management, rankings, operations, and alumni recognition for the Office of Alumni & External Engagement at the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School.
The position actively works to promote the mission of Pepperdine and the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School to develop value-centered leaders and advance responsible business practice. The position works to engage alumni and the business community, recognize Graziadio community members, support internal stakeholders, and to positively impact the greater community and enhance the reputation and visibility of the Graziadio School.
- Marketing and Communications - Serve as project manager for all alumni communications and marketing initiatives including e-newsletters, emails, flyers, event calendar, and other communications. Monitor and update alumni website pages.Assist in proofing invitations, correspondence, and publications such as the Annual Report. Plan and execute marketing strategies to engage alumni constituents. Manage graduation and other student/alumni event collateral.
- Alumni Operations & Department inquiries - Manage office operations including ordering of supplies, promotional items and inventory. Provides event support including printing and preparing mailings, name tags, and providing reports. Attend events and assist with logistics, hospitality, and troubleshooting. Attend and provide logistical support for Alumni Relations Team and staff meetings, retreats, and general school functions. Manage the department email inbox and administer department inquiries.
- Data Management - Manage alumni database requests including contact information updates. Ensure database accuracy and develop methods to efficiently update contact data. Perform database and social media mining to identify alumni based on demographic and other parameters.
- Social Media - Write, manage, monitor, and update digital platforms including alumni webpages, social media pages and groups. Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information. Create metrics for digital engagement to guide strategies to increase overall engagement.
- Rankings - Assist in preparing data and developing outreach strategies for rankings survey completion.
- Awards and Recognition - Manage and create an awards and recognition program for alumni.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree; Proficiency with Microsoft Office; 1-3 years' experience in an academic environment. Ability to use social media platforms; Experience in working with executives and recruiting C-level speakers; Experience in communications, marketing,or external relations environment. Clear personal initiative & strong ability to multi-task; Ability to meet deadlines within context of a complex office/school calendar; Excellent responsiveness to all constituencies; Eagerness to work hard as both leader and team member. Passion for accuracy and detail;Takes initiative with a positive, energetic, can-do spirit;Flexibility and proactive approach toward complex, ambiguous, and dynamic responsibilities; Strong interest in personal and professional growth within the alumni relations profession. Ability to work with executive-level alumni, faculty, and all levels of staff. Superior written and verbal communication skills; High-level of understanding of academic organization structures. Amicable. Team player. Collaborative. Positive Energy. Diplomatic. Microsoft Office and databases.
Preferred: Master's degree a plus. Ability to develop processes and procedures; 2-3 years’ experience in alumni relations; Working with alumni volunteers. Innovative. Efficient. Agile. Ability to work in a dynamic environment. PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Graduway, Fonteva, and HootSuite, Raiser’s Edge; WaveNet; Simpler.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a regular, nonexempt, 40 hour per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience