The maintenance position provides all maintenance services required at a property and is responsible for the overall appearance of the property and upkeep/maintenance on property owned buildings/structures. The position will be responsible for the routine maintenance of rental units and assisting in the refurbishing of make-ready homes, including painting, cleaning, light plumbing and light electrical work. Grounds keeping duties, including mowing, trimming, picking up trash. Responding to on-call maintenance emergencies after hours. Are able and willing to work side by side with other Maintenance Technicians on any and all tasks. Make sure that all employees are good stewards of the company’s assets – equipment, tools, supplies, etc. Demonstrate to our residents that we care deeply about presenting the most aesthetically pleasing and well-maintained community possible.
Reports to: Community Manager
Supervises: Does not supervise staff
- Maintain property in a clean condition
- Mow, weed eat and maintain the cleanliness of the grounds
- Make/Ready and prepare vacant company-owned homes for move-ins
- Make all repairs/replacements necessary for company-owned homes to be occupied
- Apply touch up paint as needed, make general repairs such as wall/sheetrock repairs, flooring (vinyl flooring, carpet), etc.
- Repair/build decks for company owned homes
- Repair/Install skirting
- Clean out trash from community areas, vacant lots and vacant company owned homes
- Respond to service requests from Community Manager
- Snowplowing (if applicable)
- Repair water leaks if possible or work with Community Manager to arrange outside plumbing company
- Minor electrical repairs
- Minor Furnace repairs
- Equipment Upkeep
- Read Water Meters
- Report any unsafe conditions or maintenance repairs/corrections to Community Manager
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Complete safety training as assigned by the company.
- Attendance is an imperative job function.
- Successfully pass a background test
- Driving is a requirement of the position; must have a valid driver’s license and clean Motor Vehicle Record
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous maintenance experience desired
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Required)
- drywall/painting: 1 year (Preferred)
- plumbing/electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- home refurb/rehab: 1 year (Required)
- groundskeeping: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts