About Us: Temco Logistics has been an experienced provider of final-mile delivery services to leading retailers since 1968. Completing more than 6,000 residential, business, job site and commercial deliveries per day, we have a proven track record of success and dependability. Deliveries are completed 7 days a week directly from our customer sites or any of our strategically - located logistic terminals with over 500,000 square feet of space.
Job Summary: The Safety Coordinator will report to the Sr. Director of People Services. This position will assist the Temco Safety team in championing Temco’s safety, risk, and environmental policies and assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations (including D.O.T. and/or OSHA). The responsibilities include demonstrating, executing, and effectively communicating Temco's vision of Safety for all our employees. This position requires a team member who is dedicated to ensuring employees operate in a safe work environment at all Temco facilities and in-field operations.
· Regularly monitors and evaluates safety risks and trends.
· Provides feedback to management regarding proactive safety measures, training, and continuous guidance to staff at all levels of the organization.
· Conducts site visits to assess safety compliance and reports findings and recommendations.
· Provides oversight and guidance to ensure compliance with all applicable Temco safety policies and practices.
· Establishes high quality relationships with both site and business unit leadership.
· Develops safety related training material based on local site needs.
· Delivers both planned and impromptu in-person safety training with staff at all levels (warehouse workers to C-suite).
· Conducts site visits performing site and safety audits, reports findings and action plans to close safety gaps, if any.
· Develops meaningful safety related KPIs and implements efforts to drive compliance, trending and reporting the findings and making recommendations, if any.
· Conducts risk assessments, job hazard analysis, investigations, providing effective documentation of findings and recommendations.
· Responsible for the safety records management as it relates, but not limited to: standard operating procedures, employee driving records, drug and alcohol testing per D.O.T. standards and protocols, H.O.S. (Hours of Service), OSHA (300 and 301 form preparation) and accident investigations.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must be willing to travel 75% – 80% to all Temco Ohio (Youngstown, Hamilton and Grove City) facilities.
· Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced challenging environment.
· Solid facilitation and presentation skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· The ability to work autonomously and to deal with ambiguity is critical.
· Must be a team player with demonstrated team experience.
· Exceptional customer service focus (proven)
· Ability to maintain/manage confidential information.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to professionally interact with managers, staff, and officers at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism.
· Self-motivated, proactive, committed to continuous improvement.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to make sound judgments on job-related matters, works with minimal supervision, demonstrates initiative, and manages multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience with D.O.T. and/or OSHA regulations.
· Experience using fleet management, safety, and compliance software is preferred.
· Solid computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
Temco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road