POSITION: Transportation Secretary
(Part-time position – up to 15 hours per week)
POSTING PERIOD: August 6, 2018 until filled
1. Experience/training in secretarial/administrative assistant role preferred;
2. Possess or be able to obtain within 90 days: CDL – Class B with certifications to drive a school bus with air brakes;
3. Exceptional human relations skills, including the ability to relate and work well with students, staff, parents, and community;
4. Strong professional and organizational abilities and qualities;
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills;
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
1. Supports and facilitates all areas of work of the Transportation Department.
2. Represents the Transportation Department in interactions with parents, community, staff and students in a professional manner.
3. Communicates with various individuals, groups, and entities on behalf of the Transportation Department, including through the use of multiple means of electronic communications.
4. Maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
5. Manages transportation data in software database.
6. Performs general office duties including answering phones, greeting the public, typing, filing, and handling mail as well as operating various types of office machines.
7. Substitutes for bus routes on an emergency basis.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application and resumé, including the contact information for three references to:
Jim Greydanus, Superintendent
5 Memorial Drive
Fennville, MI 49408
The Board of Education of Fennville Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities including employment opportunities.
Posted: August 6, 2018
FENNVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Educational Excellence, Community Atmosphere, Global Perspective
5 Memorial Drive, Fennville, MI 49408 269.561.7331
Job Type: Part-time