Full Job Description
Position Title: Financial Accountant - Partly Remote
Location: Washington DC
Date Revised: 02/20/2020
Work Hours: Monday- Friday, partially remote
To perform required day to day accounting duties and other tasks supporting the needs of the finance department. Reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations, and indirectly to the Director of International Cooperation and the Executive Director
- Performs accounting reconciliation of bank accounts at month end.
- Compiles, organizes, stores and secures financial documentation such as contracts, invoices, receipts, statements, forms and more.
- Assembles documentation for internal, donor and public audits throughout the year
- Assists in the successful implementation of new accounting systems and new accounting procedures at CEJIL offices
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as needed and is eager to grow and help improve existing processes.
- The candidate is able to collaborate well with program, legal and other departments to accomplish goals for accounting.
- The candidate is also someone who can efficiently discuss accounts payable issues externally and internally.
- Accounting, Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Time Management, and Data Entry
- Understands the importance of accuracy and being proactive in asking the right questions to learn the required or new software and accounting processes.
- This role is ideal for someone who thrives to work in a fast-paced changing environment, and works well in a team. The ideal candidate would also be ready to learn challenging and new financial responsibilities. Some travel may be needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; QuickBooks knowledge; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office functions with an advanced emphasis in Excel; sufficient written and oral communication skills; basic understanding and ability to communicate and write in English
- At least three years of full time accounting experience required.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Applications will be reviewed in order of arrival. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CEJIL ensures equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons, without discrimination on grounds of ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Interested candidates should include with their application a cover letter highlighting the reasons for applying to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Washington, DC 20009 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)
- Data entry