CAM Ed. is a leading online education platform that connects North American with over 10,000 Local and International students from ages 4 to 12 years old. Using a narrative game-based curriculum, teachers guide students through fun and dynamic learning experiences while in the comfort of their own homes. CAM ED. provide the well known easy to use online meeting platform ZOOM to engaging teachers and students. Founded in 2013, CAM Ed. has become a North California leader in cross-cultural online learning and established offices in all over the bay area.
OFFICE ASSISTANT INTERN
3 Months Part-Time (30-35hrs per week) Contract Position
Under close supervision, will perform a variety of clerical work, and provide support services to various Departments; and performs other related duties as required.
- Answers and directs phone calls, voice mail, and e-mail; greet visitors, clients and staff; responds to general questions; refers inquiries as appropriate; takes messages; distributes forms and explains their completion; provides information on Authority programs and related referral services
- Updates and maintains filing systems, including confidential files; set up new files; receives pulls and files documents and records
- Types correspondence, reports, memos, forms and related materials with accuracy, completeness and in compliance with departmental procedures
- Inputs, updates, searches and retrieves data using spreadsheets, computer databases and various automated systems
- Refers Parents and Students to the available programs and outside resources and serves as a liaison between clients and service providers
- Opens, dates, screens, sorts, routes and processes mail
- Prepares information packets and packets of required forms; maintains client information, fact sheets and supplies
- Schedules appointments; maintains a calendar for program participates
- Schedules meetings and makes appropriate arrangements such as contacting participants, reserving rooms, and assembling materials and documents
May prepare a variety of handwritten or computer-generated reports using established procedures and formats; performs other related work as assigned.
Graduation from high school or GED, one year of sales/customer services experience;
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
Knowledge of: modern office methods, practices and procedures; basic record keeping, standard PC software, and hardware including computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other related programs and systems; customer service principles; operation of standard office equipment; proper format for typed material; business-standard English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Ability to: operate a variety of standard office equipment such as a personal computer, phone, fax, calculator, copier, scanner, and other departmental specific equipment; type and file with accuracy; learn the specific operations and procedures of the job; proofread material for grammatical, numerical and clerical accuracy; learn, understand, interpret, programs regulations pertaining to the work assigned; learn computer skills and other new technology; effective communication skills; follow written and verbal instructions; interact courteously and professionally with a culturally diverse general public and with other Authority employees; provide quality customer service to internal and external clients; use discretion and good judgment in the handling of sensitive and confidential information; prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday (9:30am-530pm)
- This is a no-pay internship position.
- Daily lunch will be cover or be reimbursed.
- Monthly lunch reimbursement up to $350/month.
- Unlimited access to 5 different 3D printer
- Unlimited access to Oculus VR set and PSVR system
- A laptop computer will be provided
- Unlimited access to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Rasberry Pi
- Free Solar Charger Power Bank
- Unlimited Access to Cosmo AI Robot
- Unlimited Access to DJI Drone
- Discounted Employee rate(50% off) on all Luxury car rental included: Porsche 911, Ford Mustang, Audi S5, Tesla Model3, Mercedes C-Class, Mercedes GL Class, Land Rover LR4, Mini Cooper, Mercedes Sprinter, BMW 3seris Hardtop convertible. (Must be 21 to rent).
Possible to be promoted to a paid office assistant position after the 3-months internship period.
Happy Job Hunting!
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: Up to $350.00 per month
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors
- Temporarily due to COVID-19