The Customer Service Representative is responsible for incoming claims calls, and being able to triage situations, gather all pertinent information, while providing the crucial element
of superior customer service. Interact with customers, repair facilities, and dealers. Must be customer service driven, organized and detail oriented for an international commercial warranty company. Saturdays and Sundays are normal workdays and must be willing to work those shifts. Fluent in Spanish and French a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
"Essential functions" are primarily job duties that the employee must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Effectively communicates with customers over the phone, email, online chat or social media to resolve their questions, concerns, and request for assistance.
- Handle and carefully respond to all customer inquiries including the professional management of difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Record all pertinent claim information provided by the customer, repair facility, or dealership via phone.
- Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues.
- Escalates calls/claims to the supervisor when necessary and appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED Required, Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- Previous Call Center experience, customer service, and administration work preferred.
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Proficient with Apple, Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience in insurance/warranty claims, transportation industry, or vehicle maintenance/repair is a plus.
- Strong listening/comprehension skills.
- Ability to stay composed and objective.
- Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude.
- High level of productivity and organization necessary.
- Ability to rapidly analyze issues, establish priorities, anticipate consequences, make decisions and initiate action.
- Ability to adapt to evolving processes.
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Energetic, motivated, detail oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with the team.
- Must work well in a team environment, be reliable and trustworthy.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and listening).
- Strong ethical and compliance requirement.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing essential duties. Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints.
- Work may require more than 40 hours per week and rotating holidays.
- Must be able to work: Rotating shifts during the week and some weekends
- Growth is likely for exceptional performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Call Center: 1 year (Required)
- Diesel Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used: