Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive patient experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County has a rich legacy for its pioneering role in medicine. Today, with over 627 beds, our hospital remains on the cutting edge of technology and provides the most modern procedures with state-of-the-art equipment. Built in 1831 as a one room infirmary for publicly supported care of the sick, NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County continues to be a leading health care facility whose mission is to provide care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay. The hospital provides a wide range of health services, and specialties are offered in all fields of modern medicine. More than 200 clinics provide a wide array of ambulatory care services.
Assistant Director of Radiology Department
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the clerical staff, including any required disciplinary action
- Provide financial clearance prior to Radiation Oncology visits and treatment (insurance verification/pre-authorization)
- Liaison with Patients Accounts to rectify claim denials
- Monitor patient scheduling and registration
- Prepare reports and other documents requested by the Associate Executive Director and Chief of Service
- Schedule repairs and maintenance of office equipment
- Perform office functions such as answering phones, faxing, mail distribution and others as needed
- Prepare Medicaid applications
- Support leadership in preparing documentation for accreditation and regulatory surveys
- Ensure departmental compliance with TJC, CMS, ACRO and other regulatory authorities
- Maintain inventory of office and medical supplies, liaison with vendors and Purchasing.
- Manage departmental inventory and reorder as necessary. Track expiration of vendors contracts and renew as needed
- Coordinate with management of other departments (Medical Board, nursing, engineering, IT, telecommunications, housekeeping, HR, dietary, etc.) as necessary for departmental operations
- Maintain departmental employee files, ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Generate weekly payroll submissions. Liaison with the human resources and payroll departments
- Investigate, evaluate and resolve administrative or operational problems affecting the work unit
- Assist the Chief of Service with various daily operational requirements
- Baccalaureate degree; and,
- Two (2) years of radiology, administrative experience and background
Must have a general knowledge of policies and programs utilized in the operation of a health care facility, ability to assimilate and analyze data, to recommend action based on analytical findings, and to assist in the solution of complex problems in health care administration and management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Supervisory or Administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Radiology: 2 years (Preferred)