Sr. Software Engineer
Careers that Change Lives
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe. Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure offers devices and therapies
to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
Medtronic's Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF) R&D teams develop the medical technologies that save lives and improve quality of living for millions of patients across the world. As part of the CRHF R&D team, the CRHF CareLink Development team works with various software technologies involving service oriented development, web server software, and relational databases to create, enhance, and maintain Web/Mobile Based Remote Patient Management Software System used by our clinicians and patients. The CRHF CareLink Development team is looking for a proactive, self-starting, strong software development engineer.
This position is a Senior Software Engineer role within CRHF organization. It is responsible for the development of patient and clinician focused features for CareLink. It works in a team setting to meet/exceed business and quality objectives. This individual will operate in all phases and contribute to all activities of the software development process. This is a highly trusted position that requires an individual to think independently, be decisive, and need minimum supervision.
As a Senior Software Engineer, this individual will adopt and practice Agile disciplines in developing software product. This individual will partner with colleagues and other stakeholders including system engineers, UX designers, developers, testers, users, and project leaders to ensure feature implementations of all aspects of the application are successful.
This individual will work in a software development ecosystem that include but not limited to: Amazon AWS, Azure Cloud, C#, TypeScript, Java, Angular, MVC, VSTS/TFS, API, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, NiFi, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server.
A Day in the Life:
- Design, estimate, implement, test, debug and document technical solutions and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets the business needs, while in compliance with applicable regulations and processes.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership.
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior software engineers.
- Support the test automation strategy and implementation.
- Meet or exceed all project schedule milestones, cost and quality objectives
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Identify and drive continuous software development process improvements initiatives
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines.
- Act as Technical Lead for a team of engineers some of which may be remote global partners.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Biomedical engineering or related engineering field
- 4+ Years of experience with a BS Degree or 2+ Years of experience with a MS Degree
- 2+ Years of experience leading projects and/or leading software development teams
- Experience implementing using the following technologies: Amazon AWS, Azure Cloud, C#, TypeScript, Java, Angular, MVC, API, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, NiFi, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working in software product development, preferably in a regulated environment. Good understanding of the software development and product development processes, from design inputs through execution of the appropriate verification and validation tests
- Experience leading small software teams that develop web and/or mobile applications.
- Experience working in an Agile team setting
- Medtronic device knowledge desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Strong leadership skills and self-driven
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can
do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better
than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right
people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the