Nuvance Health is currently seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager - Mother Baby to join our team!
Nuvance Health offers a wide array of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Medical Insurance
- Virtual Medical Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Wellness program
- Retirement plans
- Additional voluntary benefits (such as pet insurance, discounted home/ auto insurance, etc).
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Collaborates with the Director of Patient Care Services to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of care on the nursing unit. Under the direction of the Director, assumes responsibility and accountability for the oversight of patient care, staff orientation, education, staff competencies in collaboration with the professional development department, and quality improvement in a way that is consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the Nursing Department and Hospital Administration. This person will be delegated additional responsibilities in the absence of the Director of Patient Care Services. The Associate Nurse Manager supports and collaborates with the Director of Patient Care Services by overseeing the day to day operational activities of their assigned unit(s). The population served based on the scope of services in the department.
- Assumes daily responsibility for the supervision of nursing personnel to facilitate the coordination of safe patient care.
- Performs daily clinical rounds to assess the clinical status of patients and care outcomes.
- Identifies safety and environmental needs through daily environmental and engineering rounds and initiates appropriate intervention to ensure unit safety and compliance with Joint Commission standards.
- Completes chart audits as required.
- Reviews daily census, staffing needs, and assignments with the charge nurse and staffing office to ensure appropriate distribution of nursing resources.
- Assists with unit time schedule development
- Facilitates staffing changes.
- Clarifies for Staffing Coordinators variances in scheduling and payroll.
- Ensures completion of accurate API.
- Completes monthly schedules and posts according to union contract rules.
- Monitors staff compliance with hospital policy. For example, monitors Bar-Coding and Pyxis compliance and completes daily, weekly and monthly audits as required.
- Collaborates with the Director of Patient Care Services and Human Resource Partner to provide performance counseling supported by appropriate documentation
- Monitors efficient patient flow and assists with a unit-based length of stay initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required, or matriculation in a program within 6 months of hire.
- National Specialty Certification preferred
- Current NYS RN License in good standing
- BLS required
- Certifications such as ACLS, PALS, or NRP as required by clinical unit
- 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse with prior leadership/charge experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse without prior leadership/charge experience.
- Maternal Child Health Experience Required
- Demonstrates leadership, managerial ability, and the application of good interpersonal relationships and principles.
- Ability to apply principles of leadership and human relations in the overall supervision and coordination of patient care and personnel.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maternal Child Health: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse Maternity with prior leadership/charge: 3 years (Required)
- BLS (Required)
- NYS Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- ACLS, PALS, or NRP (Required)