TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Trust & Safety team's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
Our Content Moderators support our efforts to address objectionable or disturbing content. To eliminate any doubt, this role involves reading, viewing, listening and examining user-generated content to ensure they comply with community guidelines. Content includes images, video, text related to every day life, but they can also include (but are not limited to) bullying; hate speech; child abuse; sexual assault; torture; bestiality; self-harm; suicide; murder.
Our Content Moderators review videos in continuous succession during each shift and it is possible that this role will be exposed to harmful content on a daily basis. This role also requires creative solutions, especially a deep understanding of abuse trends specific to US cultural norms and sensitivities. This position will be full-time and based in Austin, Texas.
What will I be doing?
- You will ensure legal compliance and safety of content uploaded to our platform.
- You are responsible for the development, improvement, and maintenance of standards for the security of our online communities.
- You will improve the content management strategy for short video platforms.
- You are responsible for coordinating with supervising departments for timely management of content that violates our policies.
- You will review and respond to trust and safety-related inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
What should I bring with me?
- You are a fast learner and a good communicator and can speak, read and write fluently in English. Advanced and/or Fluent Spanish communication abilities to moderate in Spanish are a plus.
- You possess cultural sensitivity and understanding relating to global/ regional current affairs. Familiarity with internet laws and regulations, in particular reviewing online content, would be a good plus.
- You pay attention to detail and have a passion for maintaining a high standard of work.
- You have the resilience and persistence to handle routine daily tasks efficiently and accurately.
- You have active usage and interest in short video platforms.
- You are able to work under shifting arrangement.
- Experience in a BPO / call center/customer service environment is a plus.
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining.
We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.