Universal Environmental Servicesis the leading used oil collector in the southeastern United States. Covering 14 states and with a growing fleet of more than 150 service and transport vehicles, UES collects more than 40 million gallons of used motor oil as well as used industrial oil annually. Customers of all sizes trust in our environmental services and we are proud of our commitment to them.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for transportation of finished and raw product to/from various locations and processing plants.
- Delivers finished product to the customer in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Uses proper equipment and follows established operating procedures to safely and efficiently perform all duties needed to effectively service the customer.
- Completes all paperwork according to company policies including but not limited to: daily vehicle inspections and maintenance, manifests, driver logs.
- Reports all accidents, spills, and injuries according to the Company Emergency Response Procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service and satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees and customers.
- Consistently evaluate work and determine if further steps are needed to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Wears Company supplied uniforms; maintains neat, clean appearance at all times.
- Conforms to company attendance and safety policies and follows company procedures.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of operating company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Become familiar and comply with each customer specific loading and off-loading procedures.
- Able to read written instruction, complete required paperwork and perform basic math calculations using a ruler and/or other measuring devices.
- Understands and is capable of completing DOT mandated logbook procedures in an accurate manner.
- Must be familiar with all company policies and procedures regarding safety and operations.
- Must have a working knowledge of all applicable rules, regulations, and laws of the State, Federal, pertaining to the collection, transportation, and disposal of used oil and other products
- Good verbal, planning and organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and handle the stress of customer demands.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A with tanker/hazmat endorsement.
- 2 years of verifiable driving experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid DOT Medical Certificate.
- Ability to obtain or hold TWIC Certification.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Physical activity includes bending, reaching, stretching, climbing in/out of tractors and on top of tanks in addition to various conditions dependent upon customer location/limitations.
- Able to work in inclement weather such as rain or cold for long periods of time.
- Capable of lifting, pushing, pulling and/or moving from less than 100 pounds to over 600 pounds using proper equipment and safe lifting techniques minimizing the risk of injury.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Commercial Driving: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off