- BA/BS Degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of financial analysis, based on large volumes of data
- Experience in Sales Operations, Sales Management, Finance, or Economics
- Highly proficient in Excel and creating Pivot Tables
- Advanced problem-solving skills to address unique and complex issues
- Experience with ERP/CRM/Commission software, various sales tools, and BI tools
- Highly detailed-driven with emphasis on accuracy and an ability to see the broader picture
- Ability to learn and create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- The ability to work independently and be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Other preferred locations are San Francisco, CA/ Foster City, CA/ and New York
WW SSOE Business Reporting Analyst
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity. AWS is an approximately $16B run-rate business supporting over 1M customers with thousands of people across the Sales, Marketing and Support (SMS) organization. The data and information used and needed to effectively manage the SMS organization has had a commensurate growth in complexity and size.
The AWS Worldwide Commercial Sales, Strategy, and Operations (SSOE) team is seeking a Business Reporting Analyst with strong technical skills, financial acumen, and analytic experience. AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure sales performance, improve productivity and influence decision-making. The candidate must be able to pull data extracts from various internal source systems, create ad hoc financial and sales performance reports, and format data outputs which are easy to understand and tells a story.
The Business Reporting Analyst will work across SSOE to create reports and dashboards and conduct analysis which will inform business recommendations to senior leadership, in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. This role will report into the WW SSOE Business Management leader, with key stakeholders including: the Director of WW SSOE, WWCS leadership, and global sales operations leaders and teams.
This role will create and drive improvements to reports, reporting tools, and processes to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data globally across WWCS. This candidate will partner across various reporting, econometrics, and analytic teams to evolve the types and formats of data and insights in order to increase effectiveness in driving desired results.
The successful candidate will need to collaborate with internal end-users and cross-functional data owners/teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, ensure data accuracy, and deliver successfully against high standards. Multi-tasking, operating well under time pressure, and balancing priorities are essential in the day-to-day rhythm of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Ability to present complex results in a clear, concise, and action-oriented format
- Can balance bias for action with strong attention to accuracy and details
- Has the ability to iterate quickly as business needs dictate
- Background working with and supporting a global sales field organization
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment
- Experience working within a cloud-based technology company would be highly beneficial
- Has experience and familiarity with the AWS platform, products, solutions and capabilities
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation experience
For San Francisco:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.