McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Analyst, Capital Markets and Risk
Capital One’s Balance Sheet Planning Innovation team is seeking a highly motivated, talented, and collaborative professional to join the group as a Senior Analyst. The Planning Innovation Team blends the disciplines of balance sheet management, financial planning, and funds transfer pricing. The team is responsible for forecasting the total company net interest income (NII) and net interest margin (NIM). The team also develops NIM and NII analytics to provide management guidance and to aid company strategy development. The team partners with the company’s business lines on transfer pricing, understanding business dynamics and implications of business decisions to the overall balance sheet. Finally, the team also has NII forecasting oversight of Corporate Treasury, which includes the Investment Portfolio, Corporate Debt, and Derivatives. The team’s primary forecasting and analysis tool is QRM.
The Senior Analyst position will work with other teams within Balance Sheet Management, and additional partner teams within Finance, Tech, and our Business Lines on monthly outlook and actuals processes, as well as annual processes such as Annual Budget, Long Term Finance Plan, and stress testing. Specifically, this analyst will focus on our updating our models and processes in preparation for LIBOR decommission. The role requires exceptional problem solving, innovation, analytical and communication skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships across multiple teams to understand business strategies and their implications on FTP and Treasury P&L. We expect our analysts to leverage new technologies to simplify and automate our processing functions.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Partnering with the team to drive execution and automation of our processes
- Creation of reporting and analysis tools in QRM, management accounting systems, and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Investigating drivers of change for an array of NII-related metrics
- Building and enhancing models and methodologies within QRM
- Supporting stress testing processes
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience within a financial institution
- 2+ years of banking experience within treasury function
- 2+ years of experience in asset/liability management
- 2+ years experience with quantitative risk management (QRM), financial statement analysis, and financial modeling
- Chartered Financial Analyst certification or Financial Risk Manager certification or Certified Public Accountant designation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.