- 2+ years HR generalist/Business partner experience
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field
- Experience working in a matrix setting
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us be the best Cloud services provider in the industry, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a HR Business Partner.
The HR Business Partner provides full cycle human resources support to our Amazon Web Services Infrastructure organization. Based in Herndon, VA, this role will be a part of a fun, passionate and dynamic global HR and business team. The role is both a strategic and hands on role including improving organizational effectiveness & design, leading change management, providing leadership coaching and driving HR functional excellence. We are seeking an experienced senior HR business partner who can effectively interact with business leaders at all levels, possesses excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, and works effectively across multiple locations.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Coaching and mentoring at all management levels.
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- The ability to think big but also not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a bias for action - orientated on results.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Work with senior management and the HR team to develop and implement HR plans and solutions.
- Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders.
- Assess business unit's HR training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group.
- Able to travel, as needed.
- Experience working with a global team.
- Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans.
- Experience assessing management and executive talent.
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee relations, development and performance appraisal systems.
- 3-4 years HR experience in a high tech environment.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation