About the Company: Bethesda NEWtrition and Wellness Solutions (BNWS) is a primary care and wellness organization founded in September 2014 to provide nutrition services for diabetes and weight management in Bethesda, Maryland. In December 2016, primary care services were added to support its mission of coordinated patient care. BNWS is now a comprehensive source for a variety of health care services, both onsite and in the home. Our onsite primary care clinicians provide both preventative care and chronic care disease management thus reducing preventable hospitalizations. In order to create a patient-centered, comprehensive care practice we have incorporated adjunct therapies and provide these services to the patients as needed, including PT, OT, and nutrition services.
Job Description: BNWS is looking for a Front Desk/Charge Entry Poster to join our team in Bethesda, MD
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Front Desk
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person and over the phone.
- Answers the phones while using proper telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information, including personal and financial information.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Create lab orders, radiology orders and referrals per request of the providers.
- Handle labs and specimens and ensure proper labs go out with appropriate lab orders.
- Create prior authorizations for medications.
- Triage all incoming e-faxes and send outgoing faxes as needed.
- Charge Entry Poster
- Submit timely claims to insurance companies with a 99% accuracy.
- Follow up on claims, denials and rejections with team members and resolve issues.
- Submit missed appointments to be billed to patient credit card weekly.
- Copying, faxing, scanning and organizing of specified documents.
- Request prior authorization from insurance companies if needed.
- Become familiar with quality G- codes to put on claims based on provider notes
- 1-3 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Knowledge with ICD-10 medical coding and familiarity with referral authorizations and third-party billing procedures
- Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary processes and operation. Team player and comfortable in multi-tasking and working under pressure
Job Type: Full-time
- healthcare administration: 1 year (Required)