The Director of Employment and Employee Relations is responsible for a variety of Human Resources programs and activities to include Policies and Procedures and Human Resources analytics. Directs the activities and staff of the group HR team in the areas of recruitment, onboarding and employee relations for all Connection departments. Develops an effective recruiting strategy and well versed in the state of the art sourcing methodologies including advanced social media modes to ensure a good pipeline of talent and makes recommendations to provide more effective sourcing and retention initiatives. Prepares affirmative action plans and develops diversity initiatives ensuring compliance. Advises HR Managers and HR Generalists on employee relations matters and the corrective action process; approves corrective actions and provides guidance to HR Managers and Generalists. Extensive experience in understanding Employment and Employee Relations issues of a complex nature.
Working with the Director of Compensation and Benefits and the Director of Training ensures the effective administration of all Compensation and Benefit Programs as well as Employee Development activities. Mid to large company Corporate prior experience is required preferably in technology or related industries.
- Minimum years of career experience to qualify for role: 15 years
- Minimum of 15 years in a progressively responsible HR management role of which 10 years in a Director role of a Fortune 1000 Public Company overseeing HR staff in a multi-site environment
- Degree requirements: Bachelor's degree in a Business or Human Resources concentration, MBA preferred
- Certifications required, if any: PHR or SPHR preferred
- Working knowledge of online applicant sourcing tracker
- Working knowledge of human resources information systems preferably UltiPro or other similar systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent applications
- Extensive experience in technology or related industries with a strong sales driven culture
- Considerable experience in EEO compliance with ability to develop Affirmative Action Plans
- Advanced knowledge of recruiting best practices with ability to create effective recruiting strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle multi-faceted employee relations issues
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to conduct in depth interviews of applicants as well as employees
- Advanced negotiation skills and ability to use with ability to deliver employment offers.
- Able to build collaboration and rapport amongst other department heads, Directors and Vice Presidents
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled