Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Currently SCA is seeking Air Sweeper Operators for night shift.
Title: Air Sweeper Operator
Reports To: Operations Manager/Site Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for driving an Air Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate Air Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and constructions materials or parking lot debris build-up due to seasonal/weather changes and parking lot waste.
1. Perform required inspection of Air Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
2. Preform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
3. Wear proper and required PPE
4. Review scheduled routes assigned
5. Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
6. Perform the safe operation of an Air Sweeper
7. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
8. Maintain quality of work
9. Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
10. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
11. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
12. Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
13. Perform all other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Valid Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour