The Library Aide will assist the librarian in maintaining library collection, implementing
age appropriate programs for students utilizing library resources, selecting appropriate
items in support of classroom instruction and educating students on the proper use of the
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals,
communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students
and drive continuous improvement.
- 4 High school graduate or GED from an accredited institution
- 48 hours of college coursework
- Pass Spring Independent School District’s NCLB test in the areas of Reading, Writing, and
Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire)
- Educational Aide II Certificate (Or willing to obtain)
- One+ years clerical experience
- One+ years experience working with children
- Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient typing, keyboarding, and file maintenance skills
Spring Independent School District
1 6 7 1 7 E l l a B l v d . • H o u s t o n , T e x a s 7 7 0 9 0 • T e l . 2 8 1 . 8 9 1 . 6 0 0 0
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide individual instruction and assistance in using library media center resources
including computers and audiovisual equipment.
- Distribute various books and media for the purpose of providing requested classroom
- Assist in instructing students on the proper use of the library resources (i.e.
classification system, care of materials, etc).
- Inventory equipment and materials in library collection for the purpose of
documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
- Shelve all incoming books, materials, and equipment.
- Maintain physical and computerized files, and publisher catalogs.
- Supervise students and assist librarian and teachers to maintain student behavior and
maintain and orderly atmosphere.
- Assist librarian in promoting library use related to special holidays, seasonal
activities, etc. for the purpose of motivating students to use the library resources.
- Coordinate television programs and announcements for the purpose of viewing in
classes when specified.
- Collect and maintain records of student fines.
- Assist in preparing memos, orders and other correspondence.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Multi-tasking efficiently in an environment that has frequent interruptions, while
maintaining emotional control under stress. The usual and customary methods of
performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting,
carrying, pushing, pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Participation or presence
required at some district functions in the district and/or out of the district. There is heavy
telephone responsibilities and prolonged use of
computer. There may be occasional overtime or irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to
this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties that may be assigned
or skills that may required.