Cohere Cyber Secure, a New York City-based Managed Security Services Provider, is in search of a Data Center Infrastructure Technician for its Westchester operation. As an IT solutions firm, Cohere is dedicated to serving medium-to-large enterprise firms in delivering fully protected network connectivity, Cyber-Defense (Compliance) protection, Cloud (private and public) services, and Next-Gen VoIP Telephony/UC capabilities.
The Data Center Infrastructure Technician is responsible for managing disparate data center operations at various strategic locations; ensuring production schedules are met and computer system resources are used effectively; coordinates the resolution of production-related problems; establishes proper relationships among customers, partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services; provides users with required computer output in a timely manner; and supervises operations.
Must have experience in electrical distribution systems, UPS’s, PDU’s, generators, mechanical, HVAC, Life Safety and monitoring systems. The Data Center Infrastructure Technician will lead a team of specialists in scheduling, coordinating, executing and ensuring the reliability of critical loads supported by our electrical and cooling systems.
- Provide and maintain data cabling with associated support documentation – inclusive of, but not limited to work orders, topology, electrical distribution, vendor agreements, and compliance reporting.
- Design, monitor and control heat dissipation through the strategic placement of key HVAC (CRAC) infrastructure.
- Responsible for the proper upkeep of fire suppression systems.
- Monitor power draw, ensure the proper upkeep of UPS and generators.
- Design rack layouts and maintain relevant support documentation.
- Ability to rack equipment and turn-up services as needed.
- Maintenance of UPS, HVAC and Generator scheduling and ensuring standards.
- Inventory maintenance of all data center-related items as well as ensuring datacenter cleanliness.
- Routine contact with IT personnel, vendors, contractors, building engineers, and security.
- Oversee contractors performing work in accordance with industry code and safety standards.
- Manage external support agreements and liaise with vendors.
- Accurately develop, write, and edit standard operating data center knowledgebase articles, policies and procedures.
- Ensures all work performed is in accordance with established standards, practices and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to best practices and audit requirements including SOX, PCI, SOC I and II or other compliance types as it relates to IT controls.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required, including late nights and weekends. Willing to partake in on-call rotations.
- Travel to other data centers will be required in the Tri-State area.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting data centers in a fast-paced, 24x7 production environment.
- Proficient experience in data center operations, including the installation and deployment of racks and cable infrastructure, as well as power circuit installation and power monitoring.
- Experience in Data Center best practice. This includes; capacity planning, disaster recovery analysis/planning, component maintenance and lifecycle replacement planning, space and power utilization.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast track design-build processes and associated documents and contracts.
- In-depth understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding of network design and cabling (fiber and copper) infrastructure requirements.
- Education requirement – a minimum of an associate’s degree, preferred bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Working knowledge of server administration utilizing Microsoft operating systems to include 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019. AD, GPO, DNS, etc.
- Experience with NAS, DAS, SAN systems and backup system software. Acronis experience is a plus.
- Experience with VMware (DRS, HA, vMotion, VSAN, UpdateManager) v5.x – 6.x and P2V tools such as VMware Converter.
- General understanding of networking infrastructure, firewalls, load balancers, routing, and switching. Dell SonicWall experience is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of the systems that support the Data Center environment and facilities -- ie: HVAC, electrical power, UPS, EPS, BES, fire suppression, cabling, equipment enclosures
- Experience with Dell, IBM and HP servers hardware. Troubleshooting, Break-Sfix, rack, and stack.
- Strong organization, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, etc. skills.
- Works well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented, customer-focused, etc.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, department-specific software tools, etc
Job Type: Full-time
- VMware: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data Center: 2 years (Preferred)
- Help desk Support: 3 years (Required)
- Network Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction