The role of a manufacturing process engineer is to review all customer requirements, develop a manufacturing process plan, and help deliver the final product to the customer on time and on budget.
The manufacturing engineer will work within an integrated team environment (e.g., Engineering, Operations, Program Management, and Quality) to develop and identify issues which negatively impact process flow and/or process cycle times. Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks while applying Lean concepts and continuous improvement to daily job responsibilities. This job will require a highly motivated person who enjoys working with a skilled work force in a manufacturing shop environment.
You will be accountable for understanding manufacturing functions, developing and implementing process improvements, creating manufacturing work instructions and understanding quality assurance inspection methods.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
· Develop manufacturing process plans and coordinate with engineering, manufacturing operations, program management and quality assurance.
· Perform disposition, root-cause analysis, and corrective actions as necessary for all non-conformances.
· Create work scope and identify supporting technical information (drawings, procedures, etc.) needed to support requisitions for sublet activities.
· Conduct contract reviews of technical requirements, review manufacturing operations, assembly operations, component designs, and corresponding details to verify manufacturing feasibility.
· Assist with capital and tooling analyses, strategies, justification, and acquisition.
· Support capacity planning and strategy development for manufacturing processes.
· Provide input to production schedules.
· Conduct job release and post job review meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other engineering related disciplines is required.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of relative experience.
· Must have knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
· Hands-on manufacturing experience for industrial equipment and familiarity with both traditional and advanced manufacturing methods.
· Must have demonstrated the ability to lead teams of technical people and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
· Strong team player with the ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
· General knowledge of project management (task plans, schedules, etc.)
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Experience in U.S. Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy projects.
· Working knowledge of LEAN - Six Sigma skills
· Working knowledge of GD&T, and experience with manufacturing processes, precision machining/tolerances, and assembly sequences.
Related keywords: manufacturing engineer, engineer, mechanical engineer, engineering, manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Required)