Blake’s Hard Cider Co. is looking for an experienced Assistant Manager for our award-winning Tasting Room! The Assistant Manager is the right hand to the Manager and can cover for and perform all the duties of the Manager, including scheduling and supervising Front and Back of House staff, handling events in the main space and our banquet hall and covering shifts as needed. The Assistant Manager performs the essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service and maintains effective communication with senior management and customers. The Assistant Manager shares full P&L responsibility for the Tasting Room with the Manager.
We’ve been growing good times and our own apples for over 70 years here at Blake’s. Our Cider Mill added a Tasting Room with a full kitchen in 2013 and we’ve never looked back! We are a high energy, success-driven team with a focus on making a positive impression on every single person that walks through our door. Check out our story and a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Assistant Manager, you are accountable for assisting the Manager in meeting the company’s sales and marketing goals for the Tasting Room as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists planning and scheduling staff coverage during hours of operation and ensures all employees comply with company customer contact standards
- Maintain a positive Tasting Room attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals
- Assists the Manager in developing, and managing events, marketing programs and promotions to support targeted sales and profit goals of the Company
- Interacts with customers to guarantee their satisfaction with the Company’s products and service and to promote additional off-site sales.
- Assist with food and beverage pricing by analyzing and controlling cost of goods by menu item
- Promote and grow sales & special room activities
- Communicate effectively with the Owner/General Manager, and the Room Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that sales and customer objectives are met
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a full-service bar / restaurant operation with ten or more employees in the operation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a similar establishment in an efficient manner
- Knowledge of Event creation, coordination, and execution
- Experience completing BEOs including working with customer to finalize details and special requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business; Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of food and drink costs and pricing
- Ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the telephone
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Marketing, Promotions and Sales
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Weekend work will be required
A few other things we’re looking for:
You and the TR team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission by maintaining a key component of the company’s revenue and profit sources. Because you are selling to current and new customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Keeps updated on the events in the industry and market place in order to take advantage of new trends
- Have a passion for what you do and this lifestyle
- Are charismatic, friendly, and approachable
This position is a full time exempt position and offers:
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Blue Care Network Healthcare Plan
- 401k Matching Program
To apply, please email your resume and include a cover letter with a few sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit here at Blake’s Hard Cider! Resumes can be sent to HR @ blakefarms.com and please title your email “Tasting Room Leadership Team.” We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Management : 2 years
- Restaurant Management : 3 years
- Event Management : 2 years
Required work authorization: