Advance the Museum’s mission through the development and delivery of programs that promote the value or early learning and the Museum environment and the development of educational programs that enhance the visitor experience.
Part-Time Non-Exempt, 10-20 Hours per Week
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and implement programs in early childhood that meet the needs and curriculum of area educators and families, with a strong focus on STEAM
- Teach on-site programs to school groups
- Organize profile-raising programs to attract new visitors, program participants, community connections, and members
- Research, develop, and implement exercises that will help keep interactions with exhibits and guests fresh and new
- Monitor and evaluate programs
- Manage budgets and resources for all programs and maintain inventory of supplies for programs
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: working with students and volunteers, supporting the exhibit development process, supporting customer service staff as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Elementary Education/Early Education, or related field. Two or more years of experience working with children. Understanding of child development. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and word processing programs.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact effectively with Museum visitors, volunteers, members, donors, and prospects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize projects with attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision or as a member of a team
- Ability to develop and manage a project budget
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work under pressure
- Ability to track and analyze statistical information
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $17.00 /hour
Required work authorization: