Learn more about Diesel Tech careers at Penske here... https://youtu.be/UJO1D80QWr0k0
Penske's Maintenance Manager Trainee position designed to provide a rich learning and development experience through rigorous on the job training that will ultimately lead you to a Maintenance Supervisor or related growth opportunity.
Candidates require strong communication, organization, and influencing skills and this position is suited for someone who is self-driven, embraces change, and has a comfort level working in a matrixed reporting relationship.
The position is an eighteen month assignment, and will include six rotations. The last rotation will be a one year shop position that will include people management responsibility. During the duration of this role you will recommend and implement process changes to improve shop operations and our bottom line.
- As a part of the interviewing team, participates in the interviewing process and offers recommendations for quality hires
- Train, coach and mentor associates new to the functional rotation
- Manage inventory levels via PartsNet
- Conducts tire inventory counts
- Orders, stocks and bar-codes parts
- Liaises with vendors as appropriate
- Audits fuel island tickets and resolves issues with appropriate stakeholder
Customer Experience Management
- Schedules time for customer PMs
- Educates new customers on the value of ongoing preventative maintenance
- Verifies that customers are receiving their PM schedules
- Interacts daily with customers to address scheduling, SOS activity, etc.
Service Department Management
- Reviews branch Maintenance Metrics
- Reviews and completes yard checks
- Walks floor to observe compliance with policies and procedures and corrects issues as appropriate
- Liaises with Rental and Sales as appropriate
- Schedules work assignments
- Tracks/coordinates repair orders and purchase orders for customer re-bills
- Contributes to the process of forecasting potential costs
- Identifies potential issues and resolves with appropriate stakeholder
- Walks the floor daily to observe/report safety issues
- Checks equipment and tools for defects and resolves issues with appropriate stakeholder
- Participates in monthly safety meetings
- Works rental counter as assigned, using RentalNet
- Ability to relocate required
- Associate’s or Technical degree
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License
- Computer skills
- Strong communications, organization, and influencing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Adaptable quick learner with the ability to pick up company's systems and processes quickly
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and
warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.