EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time
REPORTS TO: School Director and Supervising Teacher
SUMMARY: The position of a Cosmetology / Skin Care Educator includes a variety of responsibilities which require the individual to poses a valid NJ Teacher's License, classroom and clinic teaching experience, knowledge of the curriculum, excellent communication skills, and the ability to motivate students and staff.
Must already hold:
* A valid NJ Teacher's License
* Valid NJ Cosmetology License
COSMETOLOGY / SKIN CARE EDUCATOR JOB DUTIES:
1. Attend meetings with the School Director, teaching staff, and administrative staff regularly.
2. Monitor and review student progress reports for students struggling with attendance or academics on a monthly basis and report any concerns to the School Director.
3. Submit lesson plans, activities, guest artists, and field trip notices in a timely manner.
4. Make a daily check of classroom whiteboards for objectives and perform classroom uniform checks.
5. Train and oversee student teachers if assigned to your class. Evaluate practical performances and help with examination and licensure preparation.
6. Plan and conduct student hair shows/competitions with the educational staff (ex: Look of Hollywood, Halloween, Prom Style Show).
7. Coordinate senior orientation for the class to move up with Senior Clinic Director.
8. Input students test grades for your assigned group.
9. Comply with staff uniform policy.
Apply now! Submit a copy of your resume and someone will be in contact with you shortly
Job Type: Part-time