Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $113.7bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across 25 jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialized approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the most efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organization.
Through the Man Charitable Trust and sponsorship of the Man Booker Prizes, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
- As at 30 June 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment engines of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
About the Talent Management Function
Man has the aspiration to develop a commercially focused talent function comprised of high calibre talent specialists.
For the last 18 months Man has been building a talent management strategy in specific areas of the business, and there is business demand for these efforts to be extended and improved across Man Group globally. This work has the full backing of the Group CEO and his management team.
The team will offer a consulting led approach to support leaders of each business to:
- Set and communicate a clear strategic direction
- Take a commercial view on talent requirements ultimately supporting each business to match talent demand with talent supply
- Monitor and influence employee engagement
- Build a people management capability (within a framework that recognizes and supports people managers)
- Provide employees with career, development and performance support
Purpose of the role
The Talent Coach & Consultant will be responsible for managing the delivery of a talent strategy to business leaders within the US market. The role will be Boston located, with travel required to other US offices the equivalent of 1 week per month. This position will report functionally in the UK with a dotted line to US management.
This will involve:
- Partnering with business heads and their management teams to define talent development requirement in close partnership with HR
- Operating as an internal coach for identified individuals in partnership with HR
- Designing talent solutions that help deliver on the business talent priorities
- Executing talent solutions (this will be dependent on business need but indicative examples include: management team effectiveness initiatives, organizational design, talent review discussions, employee engagement initiatives, management skills development, executive assessments and feedback processes, career management support
This position is suited to somebody that has the ability and desire to work as an in-house coach and consultant, in a team dedicated to building a business relevant talent strategy.
The individual will need to be capable of:
- Providing a professional coaching service to a range of individuals facing various business and professional challenges, including: career transitions, delivering significant amounts of business change, refining work processes and leading others
- Developing science based yet pragmatically implemented talent solutions (focused on practices that enable higher performance across the businesses you support)
- Operating to the highest professional standards. This is a position that has significant exposure to the firms operations and personnel, requiring the highest standards of personal and professional integrity at all times.
- Operating in start-up mode. Whilst some good traction has been built within pockets of the business, this is largely an opportunity to start from scratch and will therefore suit somebody able to focus on building relationships to fully understand the business's needs, build trust and sometimes win buy in, while bringing a creative mind to solution design.
- 8-10 years of talent management experience
- Prior experience of being an in-house coach and consultant
- Prior experience of working with challenging stakeholders and being able to get buy-in to work
- Prior experience of designing and executing talent solutions that support the business to utilize their human capital
- An academic background in behavioral sciences, and an ability to translate theory into pragmatic solutions within an organization
- Evidence of coach training and post training practice, supervision and continuing professional development
- Evidence of ongoing continuing professional development either through further academic study, professional qualifications or keeping abreast of industry best practices