Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Extension Human Resources, incumbent manages as well as conducts recruitments of new employees and instructors within UCLA Extension and UCLA Online, which is comprised of approximately 400 FTE and 2000 instructors. The incumbent works with UNEX Cashier and Financial Services and the relevant Academic Program Department on employee/instructor contracts. In addition, incumbent performs as an HR generalist, as needed, in support of the overall HR function and special projects. Supervise the work of an Administrative Analyst and Administrative Assistant II who support recruitments and special projects.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Ability to speak on a one to one basis as well as in groups using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information accurately during interviews and in consultation with staff.
2. Skill in interviewing applicants and reviewing applications to quickly and accurately assess individual's qualifications and experience based on requirements of the position.
3. Writing skills sufficient to compose job descriptions, requisitions and job announcements that are clear and concise, using proper vocabulary, syntax and grammar. Skill in writing concise, logical, factual and grammatically correct memos, letters and reports.
4. Ability to analyze jobs and their related functions to assist departments in developing duties and skills, knowledge and abilities.
5. Proficiency in word processing skills to process correspondence, reports, and database entries in a Windows environment quickly and accurately.
6. Ability to accept equivocal circumstances and make recommendations to the director where answers to a problem are not readily available.
7. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills to implement and maintain responsibilities and to complete assignments under conditions of fluctuating workload with frequent interruptions and distractions.
8. Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with Campus personnel, directors, supervisors, staff employees and the public from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
9. Ability to work with large amounts of detail with appropriate attention to accuracy and clarity.
10. Ability to work independently, monitor work of self and director reports and set schedules to ensure that deadlines are met.
11. Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite as well as of HRIS systems and People Soft.
12. Demonstrated supervisory skills, including the ability to delegate work appropriately, follow up on progress in a timely, efficient manner, and conduct performance appraisals.
13. BA/BS in related area preferred.
14. Working knowledge of University personnel policies, on-line systems, forms, and benefits enrollment.
15. Working knowledge of staff titles, class specifications and typical duty and skill requirements to accurately assess appropriate job classifications.
16. Working knowledge of University processing procedures related to recruitment, selection and placement.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date: