This is a FULL-TIME DIRECT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY. NOT A CONTRACT POSITION. Relocation assistance is available if you are moving in from out of state!
IST is seeking able HVAC Technicians for technical service work in various markets around the country.
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Philly, PA
- Washington D.C.
- Nashville, TN
- Chicago, IL
This work is through a reputable national service company and comes with great pay, OT, growth opportunity, health benefits, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. Whether you are a 20+ year Journeyman or a 2-year apprentice, this position has something to offer. Paid training is available working alongside some of the TOP mechanical technicians in the country today.
Summary: This is a FULL-TIME DIRECT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY. NOT A CONTRACT POSITION. The Technical Service HVAC Technician will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain commercial hood ventilators and company equipment on a work order basis. Day and night shifts are available. Multiple positions are open for each market. Night workers will work in 2 man crews. See below for further information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks as specified on work orders for preventative maintenance, repairs, and inspections of commercial HVAC systems
- Respond to customer emergency calls
- Properly complete all required paperwork related to the service
- Repair company equipment to place back in service
- Proper cleanup and disposal of any debris resulting from the service
- Transports job-related tools and equipment to and from job sites
- Ensure that all tools are properly stored when not in use
- Fuel equipment and check all fluid levels daily
- Clean & maintain all PPE, tools, and equipment.
- Attend a minimum of 3 hours of job-related safety training every quarter
- All other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Competencies / Skill Sets / Requirements:
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge of Commercial HVAC units including PCUs, RTUs, MUAs, and packaged units.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Properly use a ladder.
- Minimum 2 years of on the job HVAC service experience
- Must be able to pass a drug, MVR, and background test
- Ability to use a computer and smartphone
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Knowledge of company’s operations and related branch office
- Listens and gets clarification
- Responds promptly to departmental needs
- Responds to requests for service and assistance by department heads
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Accepts feedback from others
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Maintains confidentiality
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Company vehicle, cellphone, and laptop
- Office days to train and continue education
- No waiting period for Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 1 year of employment)
- Medical/Dental/Vision – EAP with enrollment and Legal Services with enrollment
- Free Life Insurance ($25000)
- Fidelity 401k – (after 90 Days)
- PTO (5 after 90 days 3 at 180 days, 2nd & 3rd year 10, 15 after 3rd year through 15 years at 15 years 20 PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- VTO Day (1 Volunteer Day Per Year)
- Parental Leave
- Personal Leave
- Bereavement Leave (3 Paid Days)
- Jury Duty Pay (2 Paid Days)
- Military Leave
- Uniforms (Employee pays minimal for cleaning/care) KEC - Boots
- Tools (Employee pays minimal for 1 Year)
- Paid DOT Medical Exams
- Discount for Anytime Fitness Gym
- Identity Theft Protection
About Our Client:
National full-service commercial & industrial Contractor & equipment manufacturer with consistent, long-term, clients throughout the country. Known for their quality and commitment to safety.
About Industrial Skilled Trades:
IST serves a tight community of proven, skilled tradespeople. As a team member, you are treated with the respect which your value has earned you. This means competitive pay, consistent work, a safety culture that starts at the top, safety training, PPE, swag, travel perks, referral bonuses, and full benefits including 401k with an aggressive match. We know you, your lifestyle, and your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations