The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the foundation of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than just a job—you’ll enjoy a career with the chance to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Excellent opportunity for a goal-oriented individual to ensure monthly and annual membership development goals are achieved. Responsibilities will extend to the implementation and administration of member engagement activities to help represent the YMCA mission, policies, and character development.
1. Track all inquiries, follow up calls, tours, sales and guest visits in Zoho.
2. Help with onboarding and connecting/engaging new members (Next Step program, referrals, Y in 60 Days).
3. Make new member and NSF phone calls
4. Meet monthly sales goals.
5. Facilitate all retention programs as determined by the Membership/Marketing Director.
6. Nights, weekends, holidays and month end closeouts required.
7. Be proactive in organizing member experience initiatives.
8. Pursue opportunities to promote YMCA in Downtown business/residential community.
9. Responsible for member and participant calls, tracking feedback and championing positive outcomes.
10. Proficient in Word, Excel, and must have intermediate computer knowledge
11. Remain familiar with all YMCA programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Strong language skills, sound reasoning ability, and an aptitude for working with others in a patient, professional manner that instills the YMCA character development values and mission is required
- Associates or bachelors in communications, marketing, sales, business or related field preferred but not required
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit (“YMCA”) is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. The YMCA does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring or other terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, ethnicity, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or application or any other basis protected by state, federal or other applicable law.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children in our programs. We hold all staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards. We require all staff to be screened regularly and sign a code of conduct. All staff will be monitored when interacting with
program participants. We take any inappropriate interactions between program
participants and with staff very seriously and will fully cooperate with
authorities in any case of abuse.