SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Admitting Manager provides organizational direction and vision to the Patient Access Department. Completes registration process with accuracy and courteously and in a timely manner. Accurately inputs information into computer. Completes all preadmission procedures. Discharges patients with accuracy. Maintains Admitting, Out Patient & Discharge Logs. Records patients in appropriate logs. Collects logs & secures pt. valuables for safekeeping follow the procedure with 100% accuracy. Calculates Patient Financial Responsibility Issues Receipts & collects monies. Approximates patient's financial responsibility. Makes collection attempts where the patient has financial liability. Posts payments, and issues receipts with 100 % accuracy. Performs patient transfer procedures accurately. Verifies cash box by counting & verifying amount in cash box @ 930 daily with 100% accuracy. Acts as the PBX Operator. Uses scripting when answering phone calls. The process is all calls in a timely manner. Expediently handles call to the "Code" phone. Monitors all alarms & responds timely with appropriate measures. Demonstrates knowledge in all department-specific policies & standards.
- Minimum Education: High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 6 months experience preferred
- Required License/ Certifications: MAB certificate within (90 days upon hire) annually thereafter
- Has full command (verbal and written) of the English language
- Physical Requirements: Possesses physical abilities, including heavy lifting, and perceptive acuity, e.g., visual, hearing, and satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions. Review physical activities and working conditions for this position