This position contributes to a 24/7 Network Operations Center within the Managed Services group. The NOC Technician is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities.
(*This is not a telecom networking position)
Minimum Knowledge required:
Experience with mainframe, JCL
knowledge and the ability to monitor multiple devices, applications.
- Associates degree or above
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012 a MUST
- 2+ years working in an enterprise IT environment, that includes administration, support and implementation of servers, networks, databases and storage assets.
- 2+ years working in an IT Support environment.
- 2+ years supporting IT Infrastructure and Network technologies.
IT Infrastructure support and experience in one or more of the following technology areas is a plus:
- Data Network: Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Voice Networks
- Servers: Microsoft, Unix, Linux
- Security Infrastructure
- IT Certifications a plus – Any specific Certs
Other duties may be assigned. These duties are representative of the duties and skills required, but all personnel may be required to perform duties outside of the normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Utilize all available internal and vendor resources to identify issues within customer service level agreements and expectations
Complete scheduled maintenance, management and network administration activities on system and network devices and infrastructure to include:
- Change Management administration and execution
- Coordinate with Field Service Engineers to resolve issues requiring onsite dispatch
- Help identify recurring performance issues
- Work directly with other NOC Analyst 1 and Engineering (Level 3) resources for issue resolution
- Maintain detailed notes within PCM systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
Other Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills
- Occasional overtime may be required
Why work for Us?
We offer an environment for career-driven individuals seeking to make a solid contribution to our company objectives and their own career enhancement. If you want to work in a challenging, performance-based environment and be rewarded for your efforts, then PCM is the place to build your career.
PCM offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K with a company match and medical/dental benefits as well as an Employee Purchase Plan, company sponsored discount programs and paid time off.
PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM: The right technology, delivered!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: PCM extends offers of employment only to qualified candidates who have applied for a position using our official application through our career site, iCims. Please be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment or "phishing" actions that may come from individuals or entities impersonating PCM. PCM will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Once employment has been confirmed and as part of the onboarding process, new hires will receive instructions from PCM to set up their direct deposit information from our payroll department.