- Working in all areas of the company including landscaping, hardscaping and ground
- Spring and Fall Clean-up
- Snowplowing, shoveling, sanding and wintertime maintenance
- Maintenance of plant materials and greenhouse facility (Nursery Manager)
- Retail store Operations including: cleaning, stocking, displaying, labeling and selling retail
products and assisting customers, cash handling procedures (Nursery Manager)
Employees must have:
- Good health with adequate strength and endurance to perform work that requires you to lift and
move heavy objects, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, and crouch on a regular basis
- Knowledge of the safe use and storage of hand tools and power equipment necessary for
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be willing to listen, learn and take direction
- Be able to work independently and properly complete assigned tasks
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, reliable, and honest
We work outdoors in all weather! Come prepared for anything!
LJ Gagne Landscaping & Excavation and Roosevelt Trail Nursery & Garden Center is a tobacco-free environment, both at the shop and on the job. Please No Smoking!
Note: We are not a maintenance/mowing company, we are a design-build landscape company.
Positions may be applicable for Year-round, Full-time employment.
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Health Insurance
- Employer-matched SIMPLE IRA retirement program
*Education - Minimum of HS Diploma or GED. (AS or BS in Horticulture a plus.)
Preference will be given to those with at least 3-5 years applicable experience in the landscape or nursery industry.
Nursery Manager must have Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or Five years of experience in a Nursery setting and extensive knowledge of plants.
Your application will not be considered unless you send a resume. Please include contact information for all references. We request that you please send your resume in either .pdf, .doc (MS Word) or .txt format. Please include a short summary/cover letter stating why you would like to work here.
Located on Route 302 in Windham. One mile east of the 302/202 rotary at Fosters Corner.
Apply online on our website!
Job Type: Full-time