At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Brief description of the job:
The Manufacturing Operations Manager is a leader, a thinker and a facilitator. They are driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoy developing business processes. An excellent program/project manager, they will communicate seamlessly with all levels of the organization. They will be adept at facilitating actions, managing relationships, building bridges and influencing others to perform at the highest level.
What You'll Work On:
Who You Are:
- Lead a cross function team to identify and execute on opportunities for improving factory operations. Key team members include Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Production Planning, Logistics, Marketing and Finance.
- Develop metrics that lead the team to work strategically and efficiently. Pivotal metrics will measure manufacturing yield, cycle time, cost and efficiency.
- Be a problem solver. Possess critical thinking skills that facilitate the identification of the kernel of issues, and put in place the required corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage supplier relationships, conduct business reviews and optimize supplier performance.
- Bring order and process to a complex and ambiguous environment.
- Create a comprehensive manufacturing operations dashboard.
- Identify value engineering opportunities, and program manage their implementation.
- Work closely with Finance on reserves, asset management, project ROIs, etc.
- Take the lead on technical issue resolution related to manufacturing process control and capability. Technical experience working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines.
- Be able to switch between strategic and tactical modes as needed.
- Be an excellent communicator of all aspects of factory operations.
- 30% travel to Asia
- BS in Engineering preferred, but not required
- MS in Business, Operations Management preferred
- A team player
- Analytical and detailed oriented
- Structured thinker who helps advance the strategy and execution of the Manufacturing Operations team
- Great communication skills
- Curious and committed
- Minimum 5 years of factory related experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing day to day operations
- Consumer electronics experience preferred
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.