Title : Web Content Analyst (CMS required)
Location: Vienna, VA
Duration : 12 months plus
To develop and maintain a digital content strategy which implements and monitors online and digital properties for usability, relevance and member engagement in support of the corporate marketing plan and brand.
Responsibilities: 1. Assists the Assistant Manager, Digital Marketing in the development of a cross-channel content strategy and defines business stakeholders’ content requirements to support internal business partner goals and corporate objectives.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in the areas of content strategy architecture, digital asset management, content management systems (CMS), and online/digital metrics based on industry best practices * Creates, maintains, and executes an online/digital content calendar for all properties * Collaborates with and provides insight on content strategies to Marketing management, Marketing staff, and business owners to ensure all properties are up-to-date, engaging, and consistent across all channels * Monitors all digital/online properties to verify and ensure all content complies with corporate brand standards, marketing style guides, and compliance/legal requirements * Performs content audits & gap analysis identify deviations from approved content strategy and recommends new content to meet member & business needs * Analyzes digital analytics to establish baselines and measure content performance against established KPIs * Performs frequent reviews of site analytics to monitor user behavior, refine content and messaging strategies, and recommends changes to Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing (SEO/SEM) * Collaborates with the User Experience (UX) team to define user models and interfaces for new/updated features and functionality * Recommends changes to improve functionality, interactivity, and usability of the site(s)
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with internal business owners, third party vendors, and Marketing, Member Research and Intelligence (MRID), and eChannels teams to ensure content strategy is aligned with best practices and supports of corporate goals and initiatives.
- Maintains strong relationships with third party vendors and tracks deliverables
- Develops, and executes, online/digital content strategy through collaboration with Digital Marketing, UX, Product Marketing and Creative Services that is trackable and based on business goals, member needs, best practices and competitive analysis
- Writes requirements and defines editorial workflow for business owner projects
- Evaluates, tests, edits, and optimizes sequence of flow-through pages
- Develops and recommends to Marketing management enhancements to make digital content more user-friendly
- Coordinates implementation of digital content enhancements.
- Analyzes and identifies potential opportunities and gaps in digital content; recommends content updates to Marketing Senior Management; coordinates updates with business units, Digital Media, Corporate Marketing Representatives, and the UX team
- Assists developers, designers, and third party vendors in the creation of content that is consistent with brand and digital style guide, and in support of corporate and business owner objectives
- Tracks all content development tasks and ensures deadlines are met
- Reviews, catalogs and organizes all content inventory
- Assists the project manager with ad hoc projects
- Monitors and creates reports on all digital and online properties for optimal performance.
- Performs audits of digital and online content to ensure accurate messaging and brand representation
- Analyzes and reports the results of promotional activities or site redesigns to Marketing Senior Management and makes recommendations for future content
- Maintains current knowledge of digital and online technologies, best practices, trends, issues, editing and authoring tools
- Mentors internal content authors, provides feedback to third part content suppliers, and serves as a subject matter expert to the Marketing team and internal business owners
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Required: * Bachelor’s Degree or coursework in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience * Proven experience with content delivery, management, retrieval systems and production for high traffic websites * Excellent understanding of SEO strategy as applied to content * Strong experience and understanding of interactive usability best practices and concepts * Experience with web analytics software (Google Analytics, and Adobe SiteCatalyst) * Excellent verbal and written communications skills * Proven track record collaborating in projects to translate complex concepts, customer needs, motivations and behaviors into easy-to-understand interactive experiences and deliverables * Understanding of interactive design and information architecture related to content strategy * Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills * Previous skills and understanding to prioritize and complete tasks under multiple deadlines * Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team * Proficiency with PC applications including the Microsoft Office Suite
Job Types: Full-time, Contract