Job Description: Farm Manager Cannabis Outdoor
About Us: We are a vertically integrated cannabis company with an 10 acre outdoor grow operation. The successful candidate will have 5 years of crop specific farm managerial experience and 10+ years of farm management experience, and an understanding of Nevada Department of Ag rules, regulations, and approved products. The successful candidate will have managerial experience in plant growth, personnel training, scheduling, and equipment maintenance and functions. The candidate will utilize scientific techniques to improve the condition of the existing plants and prevent and suppress pest populations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Uphold Best Management Practice (BMP) for Pest Control, Plant Fertility, Water Quality, Soil Restoration, Equipment maintenance and Farm Organization
* The Farm Manager will work directly with ownership and oversee all levels of production from planting to harvesting
* Direct and Supervise all grow employees
* Understand the mechanics and maintenance of all current and future pieces of equipment
* Collect data and report with directors and owners regarding daily and weekly findings
* Proficiency in OSHA, NVDA, and "Agent Card" rules and regulations
* Uphold and maintain accurate records and lead by example for all Re-entry Intervals, Worker Safety, Health and Safety practices, Safe Environmental Practices into all functions of responsibility.
* Work directly with owners and directors before any major actions are taken.
* Weekly scouts report for: pest control, plant growth, water table records, and field reports for all activities
* College Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or Biological Science.
* 5+ years of experience in a similar role for crop specific production.
* 10+ years of experience in farm management
* Proficient in IPM and Fertilizer administration
* Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Technical knowledge of pest eradication and disease control in an agricultural setting.
* High attention to detail in all work, have strong project management skills and can coordinate several priorities simultaneously.
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Ability to logically solve problems and work under pressure.
* Perform calculations and operations for chemicals ratings (Conversions, percentages, rates, etc..)
* Strong organizational skills to monitor and track numerous activities throughout the year.
* Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions
* Strong people management skills and organizational skills. Leads by example.
* Flexible and demonstrated ability to take initiative.
* Strong work ethic and demonstrates accountability and adaptability
If you have any question contact us at Connect Farmers 541-507-9266
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,250.00 /week