Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Engineer to join our Ashland LLC business at our Bridgewater, NJ or Wilmington, DE location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and packaging function. This position will report to the Technical Operations Director.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
- Subject Matter Expert to develop packaging/package designs from concept to final implementation.
- Interface with Purchasing, EHS, Quality & RA and Operations to define packaging/package design solutions
- Create and maintain specifications for all packaging systems and develop, conduct and analyze the testing of this packaging to include stability
- Manage multiple projects to meet established timelines
- Identify viable packaging options and alternatives, defining technical parameters
- Provide technical support to the Quality Assurance and Regulatory teams to help investigate and recommend solutions to any package related issue.
- Provide technical support to Operations to help troubleshoot, investigate, and recommend solutions to any package and/or packaging equipment design related issue.
- Interface directly with Suppliers and Customers to resolve any packaging issues.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging Engineering required
- Experience in the packaging of bulk pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, and/or personal care products is required.
- Experience with bulk drum, bag and supersack packages and packaging equipment
- Experience with packaging and transportation requirements for controlled chemicals
- Experience with resolving packaging related issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality and Regulatory Requirements in a highly regulated environment
- Detail oriented with excellent leadership, communication and project management skills
- Relevant improvement experience such as Lean Six Sigma, or related methodologies with demonstrated results
- Must have the ability to interface well with employees involved in process engineering work, including process operators, manufacturing engineers, and members of senior staff or corporate management, as required
- Must be willing and able to travel in the US and internationally
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- 10 years'+ chemical packaging experience is preferred
- Experience with modified atmospheric pressurized environment preferred
, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number 2017-6988
in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are 6,000 passionate, tenacious solvers - from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators - who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Ashland also maintains a controlling interest in Valvoline Inc. (NYSE: VVV), a premium consumer-branded lubricant supplier. Visit ashland.com to learn more.
Ashland. always solving™
We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications.
The Ashland Way
Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials.
is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.