The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LPN/LVN provides individualized, comprehensive care consistent with the scope and standards of the specialty.
What you will do in this role:
- You will coordinate and deliver high quality and patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services.
- You will be in collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team.
- You will provide individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty.
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in the state of Florida, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification from the American Heart Association required.
- IV Certification from a state-approved course required (30-day grace period from start date).
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred, but not required.
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
HCA Florida Englewood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!