Illuminate Health is a digital health startup whose mission is to introduce effective interventions that ensure the safe and accurate delivery of self-administered medication for patients and healthcare professionals. We are seeking a Visual Designer to create visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and Web products. The ideal designer will have the ability to take complex problems & transform them into simple, elegant user centered solutions.
As our visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space, texture & overall concept creation. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Prepare work by gathering information and materials. Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites, app & other media.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers & software developers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- Interpreting storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning
- Assist in the ideation & iterative stages of content development strategy for App & Web products as well as marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive analyses of other websites & products that operate in the same space.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the graphic design field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in designing applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Portfolio required.
- An intimate understanding of brand identities, grid systems & editorial layouts.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a quickly evolving environment.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Sketch.
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, InvisionApp, UXPin and other relevant design tools.
This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay based on experience & opportunity for growth.
Job Type: Full-time