As a Supervisory Realty Specialist, you will supervise non-technical aspects of a Senior Realty Specialist, and technical work of journey-level Realty Specialists, and/or a Program Specialist. Insures a satisfactory quality and quantity of work through performance planning work to be done by subordinates, sets priorities, and establishes schedules and deadlines. Evaluates employee performance and prepares formal assessments. Informs and instructs employees on technical and administrative matters. Answers subordinates questions and solves problems concerned with the technicality of real estate work. Recommends employees for awards or disciplinary actions. Ensures management information reports are updated and follow up actions are completed on all performance goals. Reviews completed assignments to determine the quality and quantity of work produced by each employee. Approves leave. Resolves employee complaints or refers the complaint to the level where relief can be granted. Trains employees on-the-job and arranges for formal instruction. Advises workers of the performance requirements and their progress in relation to those requirements. Substitutes for Branch Chief.
Location of Position:
Public Building Service Center 50 United States Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA 94102
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the ' Best Places to Work ' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.
You will have access to many benefits including:
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1809187KBMP under Merit Promotion regulations . Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
- Responsible for project management and planning, including development of prospectus development studies, lease management plans, project management strategies, schedules, tracking systems, and budget estimates for approved projects. Also participates in developing short and long range plans in Federal and/or leased space.
- Maintain current knowledge of and respond to employee questions involving any or all subject areas of Government real estate management, project management, space requirements development, lease acquisition, facility site acquisition, and realty contract management and administration.
- Monitor projects, and develop short and long range plans in Federal and leased space.
- Provide recommendations concerning projected operations, significant trends, recurring problems and similar management concerns. Participate in development of branch budget estimates and operating plans.
- Recommend alternatives for problems, facilitates resolution, and develop realistic customer expectations.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. Citizens and Nationals
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
- Register with Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required.
For each job on your resume, provide:
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here .
The GS-13 salary range starts at $105,335 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify for the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, GS-12, in the Federal service.
Specialized experience To qualify applicants must demonstrate at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience must demonstrate an advanced knowledge and application of Federal, commercial, and/or corporate realty laws, regulations, and practices in one or more of the following:
(1) providing advice and solutions to clients on their long and short term space requirements by conducting lease acquisition of existing low and mid-rise commercial office and special purpose space including lease construction;
(2) providing advice and solutions to clients on their long or short term space requirements through the utilization of existing federal and/or commercial space inventory;
(3) performing lease project management for low and mid-rise commercial office and special purpose space including lease construction;
(4) participating in the management or development of program guidance, standard practices, or best practices for a realty program;
(5) developing property portfolio and asset strategies; or
(6) managing and performing contract oversight for realty transactions.
SELECTIVE FACTOR: In addition to the qualification requirements listed above, you must also meet the following selective factor to be considered for this position. The selective factor has been defined as this position requires a contracting warrant. Candidates must meet the following education and experience requirements to obtain the contracting warrant: A) A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field; which included or was supplemented by: B) At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial management, Marketing, Qualitative methods, or organization and Management.
If selected for this position, I will be required to complete within one year all training, certification and related administrative requirements required to obtain and maintain a contracting warrant, per Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Bargaining Unit status: Ineligible
Relocation-related expenses are
not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- Performance of lease project management for low and mid-rise
- commercial office and special purpose space including lease construction.
- Experience managing and performing contract oversight for realty transactions.
- Experience providing advice and solutions to clients on their long and short term space requirements.
- An advanced knowledge and application of Federal, commercial, and/or corporate realty laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to orally present clear and concise information to customers. Ability to communicate in writing.
We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Drug test required
- Required Documents
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
- If you are claiming veterans preference:
- Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
- If you are claiming 10-point preference or derived preference (a spouse, widow or widower, or parent of a deceased or disabled veteran), submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214:
- completed SF-15 form; and
- proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
- If you are active duty military - Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
- If you are ICTAP / CTAP eligible - submit a, b, and c : (a) proof of eligibility including agency notice; (b) SF-50, and (c) most recent performance appraisal.
- College transcripts: If you are using some or all of your college education to meet qualification requirements for this position, you must submit a photocopy of your college transcript(s). If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. For education completed outside the United States, also submit a valid foreign credential evaluation that substantiates possession of the required education.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.