Culinary Operations Director is responsible for plant supervision, maintenance and sanitation activities. Interacts with Technical Services, Risk/Legal Support, Human Resources and Food Service. Multiple, simultaneous lines with seasonal demand patterns. Has extensive exposure to and will work with Finance and Construction on a project basis.
1. Responsible for overseeing production schedules and plan of line operations
2. He/she coaches employees on multi day/evening product lines and will be responsible for the efficiency, effectiveness and cost associated with those lines.
3. Coordinates, and directs thru delegation teamwork and succeeding together all plant operations.
4. Responsible for managing maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, grounds, and buildings
5. Responsible for analyzing yields, waste factors, reliability and controllable cost of production.
6. Responsible for product label and nutritional accuracy.
7. Maintains morale and zeitgeist of facility building trusting caring relationship with management and all employees.
8. Succeeds through a spirit of cooperation with other departments in the facility with the goal of producing only quality products in the most timely and effective way possible.
9. Demonstrates a technological proficiency for current industry practices including employee safety, food safety, HACCP, GMP and FDA/USDA rules.
10. Analyzes monthly budget and quality tries to improve quality every month.
11. This manager sets a nurturing leadership example to all the employees and management.
12. Drive down all aspects of Direct/Indirect costs to make a substantial improvement in profitability
Collaborates with in-house QA/QC department as well as corporate risk department.
In addition; other critical relationships will be with the Distribution Center, Marketing Category Managers and Directors.
- Strong understanding of cold supply chain, inventory control/ distribution and warehousing logistics and problem solving.
- Proven ability to consistently meet the management challenges posed by large growth spurts.
- Excellent organization skills, dedication and strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of industry- Equipment / layouts.
- Experience in many aspects of Food Operations, such as: Bulk & retail packaging and production of sandwich operations, prepared foods/ meals, pizza (fresh and frozen), wet salads (potato salad, seafood salads).
AAS with10+ years’ experience in food industry to cover technical skills needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science with 5+ years in the food industry and manufacturing
- Production Operations management
- New product introductions
- Training, development & motivation
- Developing/ implementing procedures
- Quality Control / SQF
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of plant/operation supervision experience in the food industry.
- Must have experience working with Refrigerated and/or Perishable foods (Short shelf life).
- Must have experience working with FDA
- A leadership track record and quality commitment is critical to this position.
- Lean Six Sigma Certified
Lean Six Sigma and SQF Certified
Excellent communication & organizational skills and strong analytical and PC skills. Proficient in excel, statistical programs and SAP applications.
Hours & Conditions: Sunday – Saturday 6am-6pm. May vary depending on the needs of the business.